What is a good way to have a presentable home for drop by company?
1. Keep your kitchen sink and counters clean (these things are more at eye level).
2. Keep stuff off the floor (make sure shoes are put away and children routinely clean up toys off the floor throughout the day)
3. Clean toilets frequently.
4. Fold laundry immediately out of dryer and put away (no piles of clean laundry waiting to get folded on the couch).
What happens when someone calls and says they are 5 mins away from your house and it's a mess?
1. Fill the sink with Pine-sol (it will smell like you've been cleaning)
2. Run the vaccuum quickly to put those just vaccuumed lines on the carpet.
3. Meet them on the porch with some mint juleps and scones?
This post is linked at "We Are That Family"